*No Relocation Assistance offered. In-State candidates only**
We are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer for for a direct hire job in Honolulu. If you would like to apply, please email us your updated resume in the word doc format. Referrals are welcome too.
Job Summary: Provides technical leadership for the development, maintenance and support of complex hardware, software and/or network problems. Defines procedures for monitoring and evaluates, diagnoses and establishes work plans to resolve system issues.
Leads multiple projects/systems/issues.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for leading the support of client hardware and software products. Ensures the reliability of the systems operating or network environment, and plans the implementation of new IT service enhancements. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Participates in long-term infrastructure technology strategy and planning for the organization.
- Participates in defining architecture and technology standards to optimize system performance and integrity.
- Provides consultation to application development teams regarding infrastructure requirements and provides recommendations for both the design and action plans for system integration or migration.
- Provides technical expertise across business functions, understanding the relationship between the business and the infrastructure technologies that support the business. Explains infrastructure capabilities.
- Reviews and makes recommendations requests for IT technology that deviates from the established architecture and technology standards.
- Leads project planning and requirements efforts. Recommends and creates action plans for systems development and/or integration.
- Leads others in analyzing assigned specifications; codes, tests, and implements solutions utilizing appropriate software/hardware engineering processes. Plans and implements major software upgrades and ensures that change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and upgrades company's servers, operating systems and/or network components/systems that support various applications. Makes decisions on configuration options. Updates configuration management tools. Documents procedures for performing configurations.
- Ensures fixed asset and disposal procedures are adhered to. Designs and implements equipment replacement plan. Maintains inventory of spare hardware as appropriate.
- Determines user needs and incorporates them into design and overall plan for the architecture of desktop, laptop, mobile devices and servers. Designs standard image. Designs alternate images as needed. Plans and schedules the installation and deployment of new images, software/hardware upgrades and fixes.
- Defines procedures for user access to LANs, WANs, servers, files and databases.
- Sets up and monitors new access and services systems. Determines if inactive accounts should be deleted. Supervises the installation of system upgrades and service packs.
- Monitors service level agreements to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded. Escalates problems as required based on SLAs. Informs management as appropriate. Develops client satisfaction metrics and service procedures with client input.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses complex and escalated problems. Designs the remote support architecture so that team members can investigate and solve problems remotely. Reviews checklists and scripts. Works with multiple vendors coordinating solutions between users and product manufacturers.
- Updates users on trouble ticket status. Ensures follow-up procedures are adhered to. Tracks customer satisfaction.
- Plans and schedules hardware and software repairs and installations. Coordinates, negotiates and plans repairs with multiple vendors.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring problems. Identifies training needs to users. Shares knowledge with users, development teams and support.
- Evaluates performance problems and determines the required course of action. Optimizes servers, operating systems and/or network components/systems as needed. Utilizes modeling software to analyze capacity and growth. Recommends solutions/improvements. Ensures capacity and resource planning are performed to specifications.
- Maintains system security by checking logs for issues such as attempted intrusion. Reports security issues when appropriate. Installs security software and installs anti-virus software. Maintains physical security of servers, other equipment and network.
- Develops and implements contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures. Designs backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Leads system integration testing of operating systems, system utilities, network component/systems, hardware upgrades, as well as new software and hardware technologies. Develops test plans.
- Assists in video conferencing activities. Evaluates performance problems.
- Identifies the need for major support contracts. Reviews vendor proposals for new hardware and software. Works with vendors with initial setups and learns procedures.
- Researches and evaluates software/hardware products and industry trends to assist in project development and operational support activities. Participates in Technical Review Committee (TRC) to ensure enterprise-wide standardization.
- Defines staff schedules and prioritizes work. Provides after business hours support, as needed.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Analyzes production storage usage and recommends modifications as appropriate (storage).
- Assists with storage requirements definition and acquisition for projects (storage).
- Coordinates and implements storage requests, backup schedules, and file restoration activities (storage).
- Plans, schedules and coordinates implementation of storage and backup solutions (storage).
- Loads, configures and maintains servers, including assistance with server requiremetns definition and implementation for projects (server).
- Analyzes and troubleshoots server problems and issues (server).
- Plans, schedules and coordinates implementation of server upgrades, patches, and tools (server).
- Performs system administration functions required for daily operations (server).
- Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of relevant information technology work experience.
- Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Formal training, certification (e.g. MCSE) or working experience in administration, management or infrastructure architecting in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- BizTalk 2006|2009|2010 including integration with IIS, SQL
- Websphere Transformation Extender (WTX) 8.X
- Informatica Powercenter 8.X
- Other data transformation, ETL or EDI technologies
- IT security disciplines such as endpoint/server/data/database/email security, proxy, gateway, firewall, VPN, IDS, IPS, or IT security products such as or similar to Air Defense, Guardium, McAfee, Nessus, Safend, SonicWall/Aventail
- BPM/CRM solutions such as Pegasystems
- Business Intelligence or Data Analytics solutions such as MicroStrategy andor Verisk
- Windows Server experience in maintaining and administration of Server 2003, Server 2008, Active Directory, and other subsystems, including performance tuning and management.