TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

How I got funding for a SharePoint deployment at Bank of Hawaii

I'm thinking of putting together a presentation on how, through a grass roots effort, I got funding for a SharePoint deployment within the Bank of Hawaii. I'm posting this discussion item on Tech Hui to see if anybody would have interest in the presentation. I'm thinking the discussion would include the following topics:

- Setting up a pilot
- Getting users involved and developing proof of concepts
- Developing a business case
- Establishing a planning team
- Marketing your pilot
- Getting executive buy in
- Developing a business case (not a typo)
- Get funding

We're still in the implementation phase, but it took 2 years to get SharePoint approved. I figured there might be some people interested in what we went through to get it approved.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Matthew. It was great seeing you at SOWNINE yesterday. I think a lot of people would be interested in the process of getting something like SharePoint approved within a large organization.
Daniel Leuck said:
Hi Matthew. It was great seeing you at SOWNINE yesterday. I think a lot of people would be interested in the process of getting something like SharePoint approved within a large organization.

Good to see to Dan. Michael's presentation was great. Thanks for getting him to come in. Very thought provoking. I'm thinking of having the presentation ready in the May/June time frame. I've pinged the SharePoint Hawaii User Group leaders, but am thinking it could be applicable to other audiences. I guess I'll work on the presentation and from there see if there is anyone interested in having me speak. Mahalo.
Hi Matthew,

I'd be interested in attending if you are talking about your project.

Jon
thanks for your feedback guys. I'll probably be presenting to SharePoint Hawaii User group in July/August. I'll try to target an audience for those that are interested in specifically SharePoint and for those that are interested in getting larger projects approved. After the SharePoint presentation I can see if there are others that are interested in hearing.
Hi Matt,

I'm interested.

-Lance

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service