TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Posted on behalf of Karl Fooks, President of the Hawai'i Strategic Development Corporation

The Senate Committee on Economic Development and Technology (EDT) has scheduled to hear the Venture Accelerator Bill on March 14 at 1:30PM.

If you have previously submitted testimony, please address it to this committee and resubmit.  If you have not previously submitted testimony, now is the time.  The EDT Committee hearing is critical to advancing this bill.  I have attaché the Finance Committee report on this bill with its citations of the testimony it received as an indication of the importance of testimony in the legislative process.  Of course, in-person testimony is encouraged.

The funding provided by this legislation will be helpful in providing the mentoring and seed capital needed to develop projects able to successfully compete for follow-on funding.  This effort will address a significant gap in our venture financing ecosystem.  With sufficient resources, the effort could benefit several industry clusters: IT, clean tech, and digital media, for example.  The venture accelerators will allow Hawaii businesses effectively access the venture capital mobilized by Hawaii's institutional investors.

You can always get up to date information on this bill, including testimony submitted,  at the following site.Please use the "Submit Testimony" button on the site to submit or upload your testimony.  

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&bi...

Thank you for your support.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Views: 74

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The House has also just gutted a Senate bill to place similar text into it. This will almost garauntee a version of this bill will make it to conference committee.

To submit testimony on this bill, click this link: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/submittestimony.aspx?billtype=SB&...

Or to read more about the bill (it's really, really similar to HB2319), click here: SB2239 SD1: Economic Development; Hawaii Strategic Development Corp...

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service