Hawaiian Airlines is looking for a Program Manager to help spearhead portfolio initiatives for the IT Portfolio Management Office.
Posting Title – Program Manager – Requisition number 13-0051
- Develop information systems strategies with business users based on business objectives, and identify cost/benefit impact to Hawaiian Airlines proposed projects
- Oversees various systems projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and hardware/software for assigned business units
- Provide the necessary support for assigned business units to evaluate, prioritize and determine the cost effectiveness of proposed information technology initiatives
- Ensure collaboration with the Application team, to address all points of integration is identified and costs/resources are considered in alignment with all project schedules
- Manage assigned resources to ensure timely tracking of projects against plans, scope and budget
- Effectively manage the program funding across assigned projects in the program portfolio
- For assigned business units, identify risks and issues; develop mitigation plans; monitor and implement necessary mitigation plans; escalate risks and issues to senior management as necessary
- Work with departments and outsourced vendor resources to ensure that business requirements are accurately translated into technical specifications, designs and end products that meet business needs
- Keep senior IT management and the IT Steering Committee apprised of project status, issues and concerns
- Be able to step in for assigned Project Managers in their absence
- Perform project management responsibilities for small/medium projects consistent with Project Manager position description
- Manage adherence to the various phases of Hawaiian Airlines’ software development life cycle to ensure adherence to SOX controls
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment involving rapidly changing priorities
- Strong focus and proven ability to facilitate relations between business groups and IT departments
- Facilitate direct report’s performance reviews, identifying training and development requirements and plans
- Coach, mentor and develop team members on managing 3rd party vendor hosted solutions
- College degree and applicable professional training programs
- Minimum ten years of professional experience, with at least seven years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- Minimum seven years experience working in a structured software development life cycle environment
- Minimum five years work experience in vendor, people, risk, and change management
- Experience managing P&L or department budgets, and experience managing large teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams and manage differing points of view
- Strong team player with focus on collaboration
- Advanced ability to build and maintain project schedules within Microsoft Project; and competency with office productivity tools such as MS Office
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma
- Experience working in the airline industry with strong knowledge of airline technologies
About Hawaiian Airlines
- Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past eight years (2004-2011) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Consumer surveys by Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and Zagat have all ranked Hawaiian the highest of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
- Now in its 84th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline, as well as the largest provider of passenger air service from its primary visitor markets on the U.S. mainland.
- Hawaiian offers nonstop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Australia, American Samoa, and Tahiti. New nonstop service will begin between Honolulu and Auckland, New Zealand on March 13, 2013, and between Honolulu and Taipei, Taiwan in July 2013. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 daily jet flights between the Hawaiian Islands.
Hawaiian Sets New Record with 9.48 Million Passengers in 2012 from 8.67 Million in 2011.
Hawaiian ranks Best in On-Time and Fewest Cancelled Flights in October (12/11/12)
Hawaiian is Nation's #1 On-Time Airline for 8th Straight Year (2/14/12)