a) Free access to the decent lab computers.
b) Collaborative learning environments.
c) Instructors with actual experience from related fields.
Three good things that the UH ICS program provides for students are:
1. There's a lot of help available if you need it with office hours, TAs, and ICS space.
2. In most classes we are encouraged to network and work together with others to build our skills
3. All of the professors are well grounded in the subjects that they teach
Three good things about being a UH ICS student:
1. I get to take classes and learn about things I'm interested in.
2. There are quite a few opportunities for jobs at the University where we can use the skills we learn.
3. We are in a field with good job prospects.
The absolute best thing about being an ICS student, is creating a program that not only works, but has no errors. Knowing that you gave birth to these sets of letters, symbols, and numbers that actually provide a useful function is euphoric. Another benefit to being in the UH ICS program are the opportunities to start your new career. Not only is the education provided, but the job postings, career prep and networking exposure is an added benefit. Finally, the ability to satisfy certain course requirements from a variety of campuses throughout the islands is a great advantage for someone that appreciates options.
Three positive aspects of the UH ICS program:
1. So far, all software has either been open-source or a free license has been provided.
2. Courses are career-oriented.
3. Approachable and accessible professors.
1. Learning from experienced staff members
2. Joining ACM and the special interest groups
3. Planning forward for the professional field with variety of classes, activities and tools, such as RadGrad
1. The coding club seems really good.
2. The first two homework assignments was to make a profile online so that recruiters can see what you've accomplished so far.
3. There are a lot of assignments, but they're very helpful in learning the topic.
1. Learning different computer languages.
2. Learning from different professors.
3. Meeting others with common interests.
What are three good things about being a UH ICS student?
1. Little to no cost for textbooks and/or software.
2. To be honest, I actually never made any friends in college until I became an ICS student.
3. I love how most assignments can be completed online because sometimes I travel for work and I can continue working remotely.
1) Choosing from a wide variety of classes for your field of interest.
2) Meeting other ics students with similar interests and goals. Also working with them to accomplish your goals.
3) The different degree paths you can focus on. It's also really flexible if you want to double major.
1. The professors that I have so far taken are amazing and I hope to take more ICS courses in the future.
2. The courses being offered are mostly offered year-round allowing for more flexibility with course selection.
3. The material taught in courses is useful and relevant to the industry.