TechHui

Hawaiʻi's Technology Community

Doing Business In Hawaii (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Singapore, of all places, allows gambling, to apparent success - could Hawaii do the same?

Note the limitations and conditions. Adopting these in Hawaii might address some of the concerns about bringing gambling here.  Or might no…

Started by Ken Berkun

11 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Bruce M. Bird

Concerns about bogus companies entering our market

There have been quite a few companies marketing in Hawaii, that are claiming to be local or implying it with vague websites.   I see them a…

Started by Daniela Stolfi

27 Jun 8, 2011
Reply by Westley Rowe

Health Insurance For Freelancers in Hawaii

Hi,Could someone inform me how I would go about getting health insurance if I'm about to start my own company in Hawaii. Are there any spec…

Started by Vivek Ponnaiyan

1 Mar 20, 2011
Reply by Nikolas Yem

Location for Conference in Honolulu?

I am looking to have a multi-day conference in Honolulu (probably Waikiki) and am trying to figure out the best location for it.We are plan…

Started by John

9 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Tony Ng

Hawaii Tech Provider Akimeka Acquired for $33 Million

Hawaii technology provider Akimeka was acquired by VSE Corporation (NASDAQ: VSEC) today for $33 million in cash with an additional $11 mill…

Started by Daniel Leuck

0 Aug 19, 2010

Where is the tech community in the 2010 elections?

I just wanted see who out there is getting involved in the upcoming elections...? Given the "take back" of the tax credits and the lack of…

Started by Nathaniel Kinney

0 Apr 25, 2010

Doing Business in Hawaii: Technical Workshops

I am currently working for Milli Micro Systems, Inc and we deliver Microsoft Certified Workshops. As a Marketing and Business Analyst for M…

Started by sally

0 Sep 30, 2009

Hoku Scientific Funds UH Microloan Program

From an article in Friday's Advertiser: The University of Hawaii, with a grant from Hoku Scientific Inc., is establishing a fund that will…

Started by Daniel Leuck

2 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by Barry Weinman

Getting started as a web developer in Hawaii

Hi everyone, I would like to start a discussion about getting started as a web developer in Hawaii. I am planning to move to Hawaii in the…

Started by Gus Higuera

0 Aug 3, 2009

Hawaii Bill HB1405

Hawaii has passed a bill that will negatively affect Hawaii's Online Media industry. Our last chance prevent this from happening is if Lind…

Started by Dean Takamine

2 Jul 2, 2009
Reply by Sean Patnode

RSS

Sponsors

web design, web development, localization

© 2024   Created by Daniel Leuck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service