Trying out a new place this time: Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I think its the perfect place for a coworking group:
1. It's conveniently located in town: It's just across Piikoi Street from Sears Ala Moana in the Hawaiki Tower.
2. Lots of padded seating (it's not crowded).
3. Ample conveniently located electrical outlets to keep your laptops powered up.
4. Coffee/Food to keep yourself powered up. I think the Acai smoothie there tastes better than Jamba Juice. Plus the chipotle chicken sandwich rocks. We can stay there and have breakfast and/or lunch.
5. Internet. I've arranged for wifi access during the time of our weekly co-working meeting thanks to the owner, Teddy Wells.
6. Free parking. There are a bunch of stalls in the parking garage. Entrance to the parking garage is on Piikoi St. Just after you enter the garage, on the left hand side there are marked stalls reserved for customers of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
7. It's spacious, air-conditioned and bathrooms are just down the hall.
Hope you can make it!
Benefits of coworking:
* get out of the house to focus on work
* network with other people in your field(s)
* cross-pollination of ideas and new tech
For more info on coworking (aka Jelly) read this post.
Latest article on coworking on the NY Times.